Are you an experienced HR Officer/Advisor with a can-do attitude that loves to be on the road, but also knows how to efficiently work remote from home? Then we are eager to meet you a.s.a.p. as we are looking for Sr. HR Officer/Advisor for 32 hours/week. Most of our veterinary practices are based in the North and East of The Netherlands, but we are still growing also in our areas.
About our client
At CVS Group we are one of the largest integrated veterinary groups in Europe with a turnover in excess of £ 500M and almost 500 veterinary practice sites across the UK, Ireland and the Netherlands. Alongside veterinary practices, we also operate pet crematoria, laboratories, a distribution center, an online business and buying groups. We have seen significant growth as a business in recent years and have exciting plans to continue this growth and development.
Based in the Netherlands, the Senior HR Officer/Advisor will be part of a wider, highly motivated and passionate HR team and will have support and guidance from the UK based support office departments. The successful candidate will work alongside a HR Administrator and together they will provide an efficient and effective HR service to approximately 230 employees within the Netherlands.
This is a great opportunity for a HR professional who is looking for a hands-on, generalist role covering the full scope of HR activities in The Netherlands. We are looking for someone who can identify improvements to current ways of working and find workable solutions which will increase performance and provide results for the team and the business. There are also lots of opportunities to implement future HR initiatives, helping us achieve our aim of making CVS the Veterinary Company most people want to work for.
- Internal > County Manager, Regional Directors, Practice management teams, HR Administrator, UK HR Team, UK Support Office staff.
- External > CVS legal support, payroll provider, professional networks and other third party providers.
What will you do?
- To act as first point of contact for all HR activity and queries within the Netherlands;
- Provide an end-to-end HR service to the operations/practice division;
- Execute all HR administrative duties, providing a high quality service within agreed timeframes;
- Process the monthly payroll for circa 230 employees on time and with excellent accuracy, acting as the point of contact for any queries and addressing issues as a matter of urgency;
- Own and maintain all people data and personnel files, providing regular reports and statistics;
- Provide up to date advice, support and training to Regional Directors, People Managers, Clinical and Team Leaders in all aspects of HR including Employment Law, Equal opportunities, pay and conditions of employment and other associated legislation;
- Ensure HR matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements, identifying and escalating matters of risk;
- Promote and embed key HR activities within the Regions and Practices, including but not limited to policy development and implementation, HR process improvements, employer brand, learning and development and people strategy;
- Lead on the recruitment activities within the Netherlands and support Managers with successful on-boarding of new employees;
- Support with retention initiatives across the practices;
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with the wider HR Team and functions, supporting with consistency of HR priorities and activities;
- Wellbeing point of contact;
- Reporting to the Lead HR Business Partner in the UK.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Work closely with the operational teams, providing generalist HR support to the Netherlands division on all HR matters, including but not limited to disciplinary (up to and including dismissal), grievance, redundancy, capability, performance management, wellbeing, absence, terms and conditions of employment and pay;
- Provide reliable and compliant employment law advice, ensuring all advice given is presented and explained in a practical way, with a workable business solution and highlighting and escalating any potential risks, liaising with legal practitioners where required;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with managers across the business, attending meetings to discuss HR agenda items;
- Place job adverts for vacancies and monitor all recruitment activity, including applications, interviews and appointment of new employees;
- Ensure timely and accurate HR Administration including processing of all new starters, leavers and changes, producing all paperwork within agreed timeframes;
- Facilitate payroll processes with our external payroll provider, ensuring SLA’s are maintained;
- Conduct exit interviews with all leavers and provide data to the business;
- Support with any re-organizations, restructures and acquisitions.
- Provide training to practice/operations division on HR related matters e.g. disciplinary/grievance procedures, sickness absence and wellbeing
- Review and maintain HR policies and procedures, in accordance with legislation and best practice
- Manage and administer the annual salary and bonus process
- Update and maintain UWV records
- Maintain accurate people data, records and files
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports, including monthly attrition data
- Ensure RI&E assessments are in place for each of the practices
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and human resources best practice
- Assist with Companywide HR Projects
- Promote the HR function within the Netherlands
- Oversee the day-to-day management and long term development of the HR Administrator
Knowledge / skills / qualifications / personal attributes required for the job:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management (or equivalent);
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and must be fluent in English and Dutch;
- Up to date, in-depth knowledge, understanding and practical application of Dutch Employment Law;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working as a HR generalist within a busy HR environment;
- Proven experience of working with, coaching and advising line managers;
- Team orientated;
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business;
- Able to work independently with minimal direction on a day to day basis;
- High attention to detail;
- Good judgement and decision making skills;
- Proactive and highly organized with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Able to multitask and flex to the needs of the business and changing priorities;
- Customer service focused;
- Fully competent in the use of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel;
- Excellent knowledge and experience managing payroll and recruitment processes.
- Competitive salary and benefits for a 32 hours a week job
- Home based or at one of our CVS veterinary practices within the Netherlands
- Travel allowance for travelling to CVS sites
- Fixed-term (renewable) contract for 12 months
- 8% vacation pay
- 25 days annual leave per year
Are you interested?
In case you match the profile and are enthusiastic about this permanent position at our international client CVS, please reply before December 21st with your personal resume and motivation letter to email@example.com
More information can be obtained by calling Dirk Rozemeyer at 06-52636489.