For our international client in Hoofddorp we are searching for a fulltime Executive Assistant to their Board to join their team.
About our client
They are a leading global life science and specialty performance ingredients distributor. The company sources branded specialty ingredients from leading manufacturers worldwide and its ingredient experts provide value-added technical support which includes pre-mixing, blending, ingredient formulation, and ingredient testing from its state-of-the-art, customized formulation centers and application laboratories in EMEA, Americas, and Asia-Pacific. Established in 1953, this company operates in more than 70 countries with a strong presence in Europe and North America and a rapidly growing network in Latin America and Asia-Pacific. With a turnover of € 2,5 billion, the company employs over 2.600 people worldwide and serves more than 25.000 customers.
About this job/position
When you join their international Headquarters in Hoofddorp as an Executive Assistant to the Board, you will be a liaison between the board members and their direct reports. You will be responsible for initiating, preparing, coordinating and following up on administrative duties associated with the executive’s area of responsibility. Next to that, you will be responsible for preparing and executing in a smooth way the Monthly Meetings (such as e.g., the Supervisory Board, Management Board), the Annual Meetings (such as e.g. the International Management Meeting) and other meetings to be planned with board members (such as meetings with Suppliers and Customers).
- Anticipate needs, take initiative, and prepare a daily schedule of meetings and priorities. Maintains calendar and makes all travel arrangements.
- Organizes, prioritizes and summarizes the content of incoming materials, especially gathered information, special requests, and meetings. Exercises discretion and independent judgment while fielding telephone calls and emails to determine whether the Board member’s involvement is necessary to support the business needs of the caller.
- Prepares and compiles materials for board members, including meeting agendas when required. Organizes logistics for all meetings with Direct Reports onsite and offsite including staff meetings and in-person meetings.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in responding to requests, issues, complaints, problems, and other action items in the absence of the board member.
- Completing special projects and coordination activities issued by board members. (Includes PowerPoint; one-off reports; maintaining org charts, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains office filing and other record-keeping systems, including expenses.
Skills required for this job
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 8-10 years of similar experience within an international organization.
- Experience in secretarial and project management roles.
- Proficient and advanced Microsoft Office experience including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Independent worker with organizational influence capabilities and sound judgment to make decisions within the responsibility area.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively interact with associates at all levels of the company in order to negotiate and ensure the best possible communication outcomes.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Intercultural awareness and sensitivity; commercial spirit.
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Full-time availability and flexible in working hours.
- Ability to stay focused in the face of multiple deadlines.
- Fluent in English: ability to read, write, and speak English at a high proficiency level; Dutch and any additional languages are an asset.
Why joining this client/employer?
They are a great company to work for, with a positive and warm company culture, and a One Team, One Goal mentality. It is an inspiring multinational company, with fast-growing market segments and global coverage. They offer Dutch residents that fit this profile:
- Competitive package including 27 days annual leave + bonus structure.
- An inspiring multinational company in a fast-growing and innovative business.
- Commuting allowance, up to 50 Kilometers one way.
- Flexible and hybrid working environment.
Fringe benefits like private health care, private pension schemes, company Fitness scheme, etc.
Iets voor jou of iemand in je netwerk?
Voldoe je aan het profiel en ben je op korte termijn beschikbaar voor deze Executive Assistant (vaste) fulltime baan? Stuur dan graag per omgaande je actuele CV én persoonlijke motivatie (beiden in het Engels) naar email@example.com
Voor meer informatie bel je naar Dirk Rozemeyer op 06-52636489.