As the interim Business Controller at this international educator you are responsible for giving support to the Finance Administration and fulfilling the P&C cyclus and communicate with Management.
You will join a multidisciplinary team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment. The school community is international, which means both the educational programme and all business communication are done in English. Hotelschool The Hague has developed an excellent reputation over 90 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff, instructors, and lecturers.
The Finance Department at this client in The Hague is responsible for:
- Planning and control
- Student financial administration
- Business cases/forecast models
- Analysis of the financial state of affairs
- Budget cycle
- Management information
- Multi-Year planning
Taks & responsibilities
As interim Business Controller you are both the one with the financial and control knowledge who works closely and supports the department of 5 people. Within the University of Applied Sciences, your department is the point of contact for all financial matters. You are strong in various areas in terms of content, due to the structure of the Hotelschool the Hague: an educational institute that, as a foundation, also operates its own companies (where students gain practical experience), receives tuition fees and applies for and receives subsidies for education and research.
Work location is The Hague, but being present on their campus in Amsterdam is in some cases also possible.
Some of your activities
- Management reporting: Budget analyse, cost and revenue analyse forecasting and risk analyse.
- Report and advise management of departments.
- Make a multi year budget of departments.
- Support the Finance Administration on various monthly bookings.
You increase the awareness of those involved about the financial consequences of their actions.
A combination of various knowledge and personal competencies is required:
- Minimum HBO work and thinking level, supplemented with relevant work experience.
- Experience in analyzing policy decisions and the financial consequences for the organization.
- Experience in advising on the financial consequences of policy decisions at manager level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Well-developed consulting skills.
- You are able to strike the right balance between the hospitality/feeling of hospitality and acting financially responsible.
- Sparring partners at all levels.
- It would be very nice if you have a background and/or experience in education and/or the Hospitality sector.
- Experience with Finall (pre).
- Availability 32-36 hours a week for the period of 3 months, starting July 1st 2022 with possibility to extend.
If you match the above requirements for this interim assignment, please apply before June 24th with your English resume, scheduled holidays for this summer and hourly rate incl. travelexpenses to email@example.com For more information please call Dirk Rozemeyer at 06-52636489.